Frost & Sullivan’s awards assessments brought forth interesting insights from the Indian ICT sector. Innovation emerged as a key differential factor in terms of evolution of the product portfolio, especially in the telecom sector. The stabilization of the Government at the Center and increased focus on digitalization earned the confidence among investors. Hence, enterprises are increasingly investing in or are looking at technology upgrades and futuristic technology adoption more than ever, with BFSI and media segments leading the investment in this space.
Talking about the awards, Benoy CS, Director, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan said, “Despite a challenging year companies have shown technological innovations and high growth backed by constant innovation and product differentiation. For enterprises to grow further, innovation will play a major role, which will enable them to differentiate themselves from their competition. The award winners demonstrated superior performances in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, and strategic product development which enabled them to drive business growth in their respective market segments.”
The awards selection involved a rigorous measurement based approach with measurement parameters applied to conduct a detailed study of each of the award contenders. The award recipients were judged on the basis of several parameters such as revenue, market share, product introduction, innovation, diversity of products and solutions, customer acquisitions, product service value and positioning, etc., which involved in-depth primary interviews of various industry participants and secondary research conducted by Frost & Sullivan analysts. To incorporate the end-user perspective, the data was then presented to an elite panel of jury comprising of some of the most prominent CIOs/CTOs from the industry. Frost & Sullivan then presented the award to the company that achieved the number one industry rank.
The esteemed Jury for the Awards this year included the following eminent personalities:
- Ajay Bakshi, Senior Vice President - Business Transformation, Aegis Limited
- Alok K. Brara, CEO & Publisher, India Infrastructure Publishing Private Limited
- Alok Kumar, Vice President and Global Head - Internal IT and Shared Services, TATA Consultancy Services
- Anil Kumar Kaushik, GM-IT and BI, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Anjani Kumar, CIO, Safexpress Private Limited
- Avinash Velhal, Group CIO - India, Middle East & South Africa, VP - IT & Process, Atos India Pvt. Ltd.
- Benoy C S, Director ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan
- Dinesh Kumar, CIO, Bajaj Group and Wave Infratech
- Girish Rao, Head - IT, Marico Limited
- Kaushal Kumar Chaudhary, Executive Director IT & IS, LANCO Group
- Muralidharan Ramachandran, Vice President & Head - Quality Assurance, Syntel
- Prakash Dharmani, Global CIO, Essel Propack Limited
- Prasad Patil, VP - IT Infrastructure, Essar Group
- Rajesh Saboo, Head - IT Services, Future Group
- Rajesh Uppal, Executive Director IT and CIO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Ramandeep Singh Virdi, Vice President - Group IT, InterGlobe Aviation (IndiGo)
- Sanjeev Prasad, CIO, Genpact
- Tarun Pandey, Senior VP - IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Umesh Mehta, CIO, Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
- V.G. Ramakrishnan, Senior Vice President, Frost & Sullivan
- Vijay Sethi, VP - IS & CIO and Head - CSR, Hero MotoCorp Limited
- Vikram Idnani, CIO, Trent Limited
- Vipin Kumar, Group CIO, Escorts limited
- Vivek Khanna, Senior VP – IT and Finance, Havells India
Softline was the Event Partner for the 2015 Frost & Sullivan India ICT Awards, and the Media Partners were CIOL, Communications Today, CXO Today, PC Quest and Telecom Watch.
The 2015 Frost & Sullivan India ICT Award Recipients are:
|Award Category and Title||Award Recipients|
|Video Conferencing Equipment Vendor of the Year||Polycom|
|Unified Communications Application Vendor of the Year||Avaya|
|Audio Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||Chorus Call|
|Work Force Optimization Vendor of the Year||Verint|
|Managed Video Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||Bharti Airtel|
|Web Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||CISCO|
|Contact Center Application Vendor of the Year||Avaya|
|Network Security Vendor of the Year||Fortinet|
|Secure Content Management Vendor of the Year||Intel Security(McAfee)|
|Hosted Contact Center Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Technology Innovation Leadership in Cloud Telephony Solutions||Ozonetel Systems|
|Emerging Software Products and IT Services|
|Visionary Innovation Leadership: Business Intelligence||Blueocean Market Intelligence|
|Company of the Year: Analytics||LatentView Analytics|
|Visionary Innovation Leadership: Enterprise Mobility Applications||Mobiliya Technologies|
|IT Service Provider of the Year||HCL Services|
|IT Services Provider of the Year - Banking Financial Services and Insurance Sector||Infosys|
|IT Solutions Provider of the Year – Oil and Gas Sector||ROLTA|
|IT Services Provider of the Year – Transportation Sector||Tech Mahindra Limited - Travel Transportation & Logistics vertical|
|Enterprise Telecom Services|
|Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year - Large Enterprise Segment||Tata Communications|
|Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year - SMB Segment||Bharti Airtel|
|Enterprise 3G Service Provider of the Year||Bharti Airtel|
|Enterprise Mobile Service Provider of the Year||Vodafone|
|Third Party Data Center Service Provider of the Year||Netmagic Solutions|
|Enterprise Data Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Infrastructure as a Service Provider of the Year||Netmagic Solutions|
|Enterprise Ethernet Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Captive Data Center Service Provider of the Year||IBM|
|Mobile & Wireless|
|Mobile Commerce Company of the Year (B2C)||Paytm|
|Telecom Active Infrastructure Vendor of the Year||Ericsson India|
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community.
Contact Us: Start the discussion